For now, I'm here to talk about the MOST delicious granola ever made on Earth. Seriously.
Eat it plain - with a spoon or by the hand, eat it on top of yogurt, with fruit, with milk, with cardboard... well maybe not, but EAT IT!
My dad is the most "anti-hippy" man in the world and gawked at my offerings... until he tried it, and now I'm demanded to make regularly scheduled batches of this stuff. Its amazing, and you'll love it.
First - throw out all your ideas about granola. It can be whatever you want, hence, my version suites my tastes and my tastes alone, because I won't change it up for anyone :-), although I will provide some useful substitutions, but only if I must... so here goes:
- Combine almonds, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds and fruit in a bowl
- Whisk together oil, honey and cinnamon
- Pour oil-honey mixture over nuts and fruit and mix
- Spread onto a single layer on lightly oiled baking sheet
- Bake for one hour at 275 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning
|Nutrition Estimated from Sparkrecipes.com|
P.S. don't look at the nutrition and freak, this is chalked full of the best kinds of healthy fats, monounsaturated fats and medium-chain saturated fatty acids- all great for boosting metabolism, boosting immunity and regulating blood sugar!